zeebob

This blog is dedictated to our son, Zander.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hello March!

Sorry it's been so long. Sorry for the lack of pictures today - but it would have been even longer otherwise. The boy is running me ragged!

Zander has lots more teeth. After the bottom two came in, he got one canine, then one upper incisor and then the other and now they're just popping out all over the place. I haven't been able to get a good count. Someone doesn't particularly like it when I pin him down and peel back his lips.

The boy has been balancing on his own two feet a lot lately. Not so much on accident either. He's testing the waters. Matt thinks he's got it down and it's only his own confidence that's keeping him back. Probably.

Zander had chicken for the first time last night. I wasn't there but I was told it was a piece a little larger than a chicken nugget and I think Matt ground it up with the food grinder Grandma Carol gave Z for Christmas. And his reaction to this new food? I hear he made a face at first but ate it up like he does with everything.

He's fast. Up the stairs. Across the room. Grabbing for something. Seems like a dream, those days when he just lay there and practiced smiling or kicking a rattle. Man o man. Of course it was warm then too and here in the depths of winter, warm days seem so far away.

Zander talks a lot. A lot! He sometimes seems to say Hi and Ma-Ma with intention - Hi when you walk into the room and say Hi to him. Ma-Ma when he's whining and wants me to pick him up.

Stranger anxiety and seperation anxiety are in full force. He stared zombie-like at my friend Liz, whom he hadn't met before, for ten minutes on Monday night before relaxing and returning to his normal babbling loud self. Yesterday he woke up from a nap and couldn't get over the sight of DeForest, whom he apparently doesn't remember from two months ago. Zander clung to me and wouldn't talk or be entertained by either of us. He just stared and stared. D left soon thereafter and Zander nursed a bit and was then quickly on the ground, zooming around the living room and giving me a running narrative. Silly Zander will soon learn - DeForest is a great playmate. Plaything. Jungle gym. Mobile child entertainment system.

One last thought... one inch of my daffodils are up. I can't wait to go outside and do some gardening! Now that I have a little helper, bwahaha. Zander can't wait to go outside and play. If only it would warm up a little more. T-minus two months and counting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home