zeebob

This blog is dedictated to our son, Zander.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hair

As in, cut.



I cut Zander's forelock, his bangs, on Monday evening. I've been meaning to do it for weeks. This hair, as seen in previous posts, was long enough to poke him in the eyes and often did so. Much as I am loathe to cut my baby's hair, this was a mercy hair-cutting.

But still. I hate it. I miss my baby. Now he looks like a big boy! It's heart-wrenching, really. (On the video we took of this event, you can hear me saying "omigod! omigod!" over and over) Maybe you think I am being dramatic but obviously you are either too far from the baby years yourself or else you are cold-blooded like Matt who thinks Zander looks "good" and "clean cut." Sob!

For what it's worth, I think Zander appreciates the clipping. Even if he did wiggle through the whole thing and grabbed the scissors from my hand at the end and try to poke out his eyes (he was trying cut his hair himself, I think). But our goal was achieved - he doesn't rub at his eyes so much (unless tired).

In other photo journalistic moments, Zander gorged himself on chocolate cookies with orange filling and had something to say about it (notice that this is BH, Before Haircut):




Sitting at the computer, "working" (let's all admire the gorgeous blanket from Andy and Paul that keeps me warm while I write my NaNoWriMo trash novel):



Oh and in case you were wondering, the rest of his hair is intact. In fact, Edith proved that it was long enough to braid! Although too curly to stay in its braid.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home