zeebob

This blog is dedictated to our son, Zander.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Cheerios, raspberries, mushrooms, and latkes

While I am in the process of mightily avoiding an impending deadline I thought I would add blog-writing to my list of diversions. Besides, I wouldn't want to fall behind on my "schedule" of bi-monthly entries. Sorry loyal readers. Currently I am blaming this on my lack of laptop (Dell Inspiron, RIP, May 2006) since I can't use the desktop computer in our living room without being assaulted by an 18-month-old.

But enough of my griping. Zander's latest exploits include:

Yesterday - choking twice in two minutes on dry cheerios that he was snacking on because he was eating them too fast. This kid LOVES honey nut cheerios (which have no nuts in them, didya know?).

Two days ago - Matt and I went on a date to see the Ragbirds, a fabulous band out of Ypsilanti - infectious global groove, they call themselves, with emphasis on the infectious). G'ma Terry and Cousin Tessie kept Zander company while we were gone. I'm told Zander spent a significant chunk of time sticking crayons in his ears. He sticks everything in his ears. If we tell him to take his fingers out of his ears, he sticks them in his nose so we just leave well enough alone.

Three days ago - While cuddling (which is more like being walked all over by a 23# gorilla) in the morning, Zander rested his head on my bare belly and I thought "Ah, how sweet, a rare moment of stillness that is almost like real cuddling" and then he gave me a raspberry. Blphlppptt!! Matt and I laughed until we cried and Zander refused to give a repeat performance the following morning no matter how much his father encouraged him with fully illustrated examples.

In general...
Zander eats mushrooms. I don't get it since he's developing picky kid eating habits but whenever I make soup, he picks out the mushrooms -- and eats them.

He ate turkey and roasted root vegetables and parsnip-carrot latkes at Thanksgiving. He ate a lot. Really got into the spirit of feasting, one could say.

He has, just in the past week, developed an extraordinary attachment to a fluffy dog that was given to him by his G'pa Linc and G'ma Marilyn on the day he came home from the hospital. The dog's name is Puppy and may become Zander's lovie since he doesn't yet have one (his choice). For those taking notes for gifts for OTHER kids - I think one of the winning points is that it has this coat that is soft and silky, kind of like fun-fur yarn. I guess it's the next best thing to actually capturing one of our cats (a daily pursuit of Zander the mighty hunter).

Tonight Zander insisted on going outside at 7pm - by bringing me his shoes and the nearest coat, Matt's. So I took him out - it's still really warm - and we spent 15 minutes staring at the psychadelic blinking red and green sculptural Christmas tree in our neighbor's garden. I'm glad I can't see this thing from my front window.

No, don't ask me about pictures. I have them. But I am either too lazy or too busy to share them right now. We're on thrice-borrowed time at the moment. Patience, grasshopper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home