zeebob

This blog is dedictated to our son, Zander.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Woah Nelly

(Who knew drool could be so cute?)

This baby is booking. He still isn't crawling, but he has mastered The Worm and can hump his way across the living room and into the kitchen -- he was chasing me this morning while I frantically swept the lower level.

His nighttime sleep pattern is all screwed up. I'll assume from his being sick (a cold and a sinus infection) - because that assumption gives me some semblance of understanding in this crazy circus we call life. I keep falling deeply asleep with him in bed during night feedings and that's fine except he likes to wake up screaming at all hours of the night even when my face is an inch away from his.

He's also developed a habit of either 1) going to bed at bedtime (8ish) but WAKING UP around 11pm; or 2) refusing to go to sleep in his bed no matter how tired he is so one of us holds him on the couch until he sacks out. THAT, I feel, is an extension of his other I-wanna-do-what-THEY'RE-doing behaviors. It's an eldest/only child thing. I totally understand, Z.

By the way, I know I'm supposed to either let him scream it out or cater to his every whim, depending on which parenting camp you listen to. Don't worry, he cries plenty at bedtime. He gets cuddles too. I guess we're riding down the middle on this one. At least until our last collective nerve is shot. Which is sort of gradually happening. There are only so many times I can take being screamed at in the face in the middle of the night before the little prince gets dumped in his crib and both bedroom doors shut. And then I fall back asleep - I couldn't do that a few weeks ago if he was crying, no matter how tired I was.

Anyway, on to happier thoughts:
We are still way digging this CD from Jen G. Zander was bouncing madly and giggling to "She'll Be Comin' Around the Mountain" just a few minutes ago.

He also feels the cats should be part of his entertainment posse. If they would only hold still....

He talks constantly, have I mentioned? Sometimes people are surprisec at how vocal he is but c'mon! Who's his mama? Who's his papa? M'kay. 'Nough said.

We went for a hike at Hudson Mills Metropark this weekend:


And now for a little administrative drama: if you're not on our holiday card mailing list, don't bother posting a comment because I will delete it. You know who you are. It took me a while to figure out how to delete comments but now I have the power. This is Zander's blog and if you are not admiring the baby, I don't want to hear from you! (By the way, if you haven't actually received a holiday card from us before, that doesn't mean you're not on the list - it's figurative, y'know. And besides, we failed to send cards AT ALL last year. This year should be better. That's not a promise by the way.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home